05 January 2013

Christmas dinner

I'm a terrible blogger.

It's been months and so much has changed and occurred in my little family, but it feels like there is no time to reflect and think about it all. Thankfully, T$ and I decided that one last baby-free vacation was in order. So we spent our Christmas holiday away from family and friends in a quaint little city I like to call London! Those pictures are coming at a later date...if I find time amongst taking down Christmas decorations and napping (3rd trimester...makes me sleepy!)

We are so blessed to live so close to both sides of our family and I know I will be even more thankful for their support when Baby H makes his arrival in March! Yet, in the meantime I was also craving simple and sweet time alone with T$. In fact, those 12 days were the longest time in the history of our relationship we were alone - just the two of us. I am so glad we did it.

Anyway, being away for the Christmas holiday didn't mean we were about to skimp out on the meal! Before we left for our trip I had done a little research and realized that EVERYTHING shuts down in London on Christmas day AND Boxing Day (the day after Christmas). I wasn't sure what we would do, how we would eat or where we would go. In comes Bev to save the day - a college friend who generously leant us the keys to her flat so that we would have a home to go to for those couple days. On Christmas Eve, T$ and I scoured the shelves of our local Sainsbury and Waitrose for the necessary ingredients to have a cozy Christmas meal together. Bev's kitchen supplied the necessary pots, pans, oven, sink, and dishes. We capped off our Christmas meal with reading about Christ's birth in Luke, playing a few hands of Cribbage, and watching "A Christmas Story" all in our pajamas.

Here is our tiny Christmas meal that I will always always cherish in my memory. And I was so glad that Baby H was there with us - celebrating the birth of Christ and the joy of being together with family. Even if we had left them far away in Seattle...for just this once...

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I remember Christmas in London being the most magical place I've been - oh, can you believe it was SEVEN years ago we were there?!

    So excited for you guys, can't wait to see (and hopefully meet) baby H soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...