22 September 2011

london london london london london london london

Maybe it's the currently rainy weather, the season of September, but I cannot stop think of (a) traveling (b) London. Last Friday, T$ and I headed down to California to witness the marriage vows of Emory & Tory. Just as we were heading up the escalator towards "departures" at the airport I turned to T$ and said, "All of a sudden I had this feeling we were headed to London. And this is how happy I would be if that were true" as I tensed up my arms and shook with 5-year-old excitement. Not to say I didn't absolutely love seeing some of my dearest friends in the world (over a 48-hour period...wish it was longer). The wedding was intimate, heart-felt, and seemed so perfectly "Emory & Tory". I loved what Elle said, "Tory & Emory just make more sense together, than they do separate."
Mr. & Mrs. Emory Davis

My dear, wonderful, Pepperdine sisters (since 2006): Elle (or le-el), Nashee, Mrs. Davis, Dihei
Yet, while in the airport I realized the seemingly endless amount of possibilities of destinations (if you have the right number in your bank account of course).  And with the 48 hours of reunion behind us, I am still craving, missing London. The weekend with Nashee probably added fuel to my fire - we became soul sisters in London. One of our first traveling experiences together, to Paris, we decided to become sisters (Marie & Monique) and Amy D became our Mom and it has stuck ever since.  I wish I had more photos of the experience, but they are all stuck on "the beast" of a computer I used to own (12 pound "laptop")and my pile of photos in my "London box" - still haven't finished that scrapbook.  I stole the following photos from a very popular social networking site.  

No, this is not London (it's Paris), but I love it. And I hate pigeons. Gross. Oh, but I love Brigette. 

Walking home from equestrian class - saying hi to Peter

Hyde Park

Nashee Marie catching a leaf. 

Sister Nashee Marie, Mama, & me (Dihei Monique) on an autumn day in London.  
GRIFFIN!, Brigette, Nashee, Dihei - Abbey Road

Last night, I spent time looking up graduate "programmes" for T$ to take at the London School of Economics. He told me we have to have no school debts and I have to be done with school. So that's the new goal. Because I want to go back. And Sister Nashee Marie, mama Amy, and anyone else who knows the beauty of sunrises at Hyde Park, the quiet joy of sitting alone in Costa Coffee, the excitement in catching a play last minute for cheap (even if it means standing in the back), the rebellion when you pierce your nose (or get a tattoo...I didn't do that one) in Camden Town on a whim or  the peace of worshipping with other believers at Holy Trinity Brompton, you can visit us. I am determined. I may be wrong and we may grow grey together in lovely Seattle, but I would love another adventure and this one with my T$. 


"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." — Samuel Johnson

5 comments:

  1. yyaaaay! you took such beautiful pictures at our wedding... THANK YOU.

    I've been craving London too!!!!!!! SO BAD. (We've been watching MI-5/Spooks on Netflix). And if you think the London pull is strong now... just imagine having no job, and having your husband (*squeal*!!) working a job that could easily transfer... All that said, I've been trying to convince Emory to move to London. He wants to stay settled for 5 years, then we're reconsidering. Wah. I'll have to settle for an anniversary trip, perhaps...

    Love you!! Emory loved chatting with T$ and Nick at the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, to be in London with everyone again! That was such an incredible, magical time in our lives!

    p.s. I adore your dress in those photos from Tory's wedding, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren - I bought my dress off the Anthro sale rack earlier in the summer. Thanks!

    Tory - Let's get to London. Somehow. Someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures make it look like so much fun! i've never been to london but you're making me want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how this post speaks to me! i miss you so much can we please go to london, sit at costa, and catch up!

    p.s. with my birthday coming up this saturday I sat looking at this photo of us in Paris, the last time my birthday was on a saturday. love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...