Happy early 2nd anniversary to us. Instead of waiting for October and SPU school to start up again, we are here now when I only have one school on my plate and no homework. As I sit here on this day bed, sipping weak coffee, and watching the sun rise over the Hood Canal (can you guess where we are now?) I feel thoughtful. I'm a wife! And have been for two years! To T$! A guy I've known since I was 15! How in the world did we slowly make these life decisions that brought us here? Although I am very thankful that we did, I sometimes laugh when I think of my reaction if someone would have told me at 15 that I already knew my husband. I would have probably turned red and clammy as I ventured to guess who he could be. Fast forward 10 years and I look forward
every most mornings (i'm not perfect)at doing life by my sweet husband's side.
And it's because I'm not perfect that I need daily reminders from Christ as to where my hope, expectations, and security should lie. Hint: they do not go on T$'s shoulders. They belong to Christ alone. I know I have not always remembered that and through those times am disappointed that T$ doesn't live up to those expectations I have secretly set up. I want to have the heart of King David, "For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken." -Psalm 62:1-2. It's when I truly believe and live this that our marriage can truly thrive.
Happy early 2 years to an ever growing marriage. I am so blessed.
 |
| photo by Madeline Jacks |
P.s. We're at
Alderbrook. Thank you living social.
I still cannnnoooottttt believe that your photographer was not all over that angle.
ReplyDeleteHaha - yes! It's true I prefer yours. He caught the moment but not at this angle.
ReplyDelete