One of mine and T$'s most treasured moments of the entire labor and delivery process was about 2 minutes after Hudson was born. We were told that there may be some potential problems with him upon delivery and so a pediatrician was on call to check him out the moment he was born. This meant I wouldn't get to hold him in my arms immediately after birth. Hudson entered the world with a strong cry which told us he was healthy but they still examined him on the table next to my bed. T$ watched over him while my midwife took care of me.
I didnt like being apart from Hudson and T$ - even if it was only a couple feet. I asked for T$'s iPhone to distract myself with music and landed on Matt Redman's "10,000 Reasons" and turned it up. I honestly couldn't help but sing. T$ couldn't help it either. The nurse watching over Hudson sang as well. Our baby boy's entrance into the world was filled with relief, joy, and thanking Christ.
Since March 20th I have been trying my best to let it sink in that I am this little boy's mama. I'm not sure when I will ever get used to looking down at my son snuggled into my arms.
My SON! At the end of the day I don't return this baby to their parents like all of the sweet cousins I grew up with or any of the kids I have baby-sat since I was 10. This little man looks at me for shelter, food, and comfort. I'm his mama and it truly blows my mind. Even the way I look at T$ has changed. He's Hudson's papa and I suddenly love him more for the way he holds and looks at and cherishes our baby boy.
Already I feel like he is growing up too fast - already growing out of his newborn clothes, facial expressions already changing and becoming more diverse. I'm so thankful that I get to be home with him during this season to soak up each moment of his growing up.
I am thankful for our 1st month of parenthood and time spent getting to know our son!
| hudson week by week |
No comments:
Post a Comment