Thanks to spring break, I finally had the time to gather the materials and create my mason jar sewing kit that I have been wanting to make for awhile now. Here are the materials you will need...
And then Agnes hopped on the table. Bad Agnes...
Take the sealer off the Mason Jar and trace the sealer on the cardboard.
Ta-Da! I can trace!
Then take the fabric and measure out one inch from the sealer for the fabric. I didn't have a compass (which probably would work best) so I made dots around the edge at the 1 inch mark on my fabric.
Fabric with the 1-inch dots. (Plug in your glue gun at this point).
Cut out the cardboard and the fabric. Make sure you cut the cardboard on the INSIDE of your line as this cardboard will need to fit in the mason jar lid.
Get some fluff! But not too much fluff. This will create the pincushion for your sewing kit.
Stack it like so: Fabric, fluff, cardboard. Get the lid ready to go.
Grab your warmed up hot glue gun and glue the inner rim of the lid and quickly press the cardboard and fabric into the lid. Hold in place as it dries & cools.
Once it is dry, hot glue the extra fabric on the cardboard. I had a bunch of overlapping fabric and cut out what I could before hot gluing.
Once your lid is read, hot glue the sealer and flip it onto the lid. Hold in place while it dries. Make sure the ridges of the lid are visible so that your new lid will screw onto the Mason Jar.
Finished product! The jar is ready to be filled up with spools, needles, and scissors. The lid is ready to be used as a pincushion!


what a cute project i need to so this for my sewing room!
ReplyDelete