10 December 2011

OK, Christmas can arrive....


because we finally have a finished, complete, mantle! I still remember when we first moved in back in April and I knew that T$ didn't like the mantle and it didn't really bother me one way or the other. I knew it would take a long time to make a new one so I insisted that I loved it and I didn't want him to touch a tile. I came home one day and it was GONE! Eight months later, we have a brand new mantle. And I must confess, it's 1,000,000x better than the original. Also, please appreciate that sports is on TV in nearly every photo where T$ is working. 

Here is the mantle's evolution....
The only original picture we have of the old mantle. 
Hiding all the cords behind the wall. 




Adding the drywall. 

MDF makes for some good mantle! And notice the stone laid down. 

Corbel's up!

The only part of the process I could help with: the painting.


Almost done!


Finished!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I find it funny how he's doing all that work in bare feet in the third picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful Heidi! What a handy fella to have around :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...