23 March 2011

welcome to the land of home renovation...

Last night we PAINTED our new place. The Hagens' clan are a rare breed...let me tell you. I grew up with white walls and not a lot of fixing up, but the Hagens' are a whole different story. I head to the house after Zumba with a Subway sandwich and some ice cream (we earned it) for the workers to find that the whole deep red kitchen had been primed and the orange/yellow entryway was gone! They just get.to.work! I felt like there wasn't a whole lot left to do except try out our shade of yellow in the living room. Thankfully, I had some help in Jena & Emily (my usual Tuesday bible study ladies), but even then I felt like we mostly talked about how much we loved Zumba and gave each other back massages with the rollers.

I am also SOOOO hesitant in choosing paint. I know it's not permanent but still feels so final. Like a tattoo. For now, the living room will be yellow. The kitchen a shade of green not unlike our wedding green.  Here's where I've been finding some inspiration...

Younghouselove - thank you for your beautiful updating. I want their living room in my home.


Another view of younghouselove's old living room



I LOVE this bathroom. I forget where I found it, but it encourages me to not be afraid of bold paint.
 
More lovely blue paint & green accents. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...