07 March 2011

hello, my name is heidi and i'm a homeowner.

After 7 months of trying to PATIENTLY wait for our new little townhouse we finally heard the good word on Friday! It is now officially ours to keep & live & decorate & love! Now begins T$'s favorite process of getting to work on tearing the place up & my budding love of interior decorating. On Saturday (after a long, busy and partially fun day thanks to T$'s uncle's 60th birthday bash) we packed an overnight bag and headed to the new place to claim it ours. I tried my best to get rid of any lingering germs from the last owners with a disinfectant wipe to every knob, handle, countertop. Who knew I was such a germ-o-phobe? We brought toilet paper & soap for the bathrooms. Last but not least, I vacuumed our sleeping area in the living room and we were set for our 1st night of sleep.

We slept as soundly as one can on the floor and celebrated the next day by eating at 5 Guy's (you can WALK to it from our place)after church. I'm a happy homeowner. That's for sure.

Sunday, we headed to Costco and made our first official new home purchase: a vaccum cleaner! I've never owned my own before and I'm pretty excited to try it out. Um, yes. I just said that. And I mean it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...